8.25.2012

2012 Artisan Award Winner Blog Hop - Project 6

Welcome to Day 6 of the official Artisan Winners Blog Hop.  You should have just arrived from Heidi King's blog.  If you didn't, go back and look at her stuff.  It's SO amazing!  I can't get enough of her projects.  Heidi once made the comment that Stampin' Up! owned almost all of her scrapbook pages she's ever created.  I am sad to report that I am in the same boat.  SU! owns all but 2, 2! of my scrapbook pages.  It's just sad.  Well, is it really?  I don't scrapbook at all.  Maybe I'll start.  I don't know.  Maybe.  We'll see.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I love love LOVE this scrapbook page!  My oldest son, Max, is super cute but that's not why I love it so much.  It was a labor of love.  It took FOREVER to stitch around the six and the clouds but I love how it turned out.  I used a "6" and "clouds" from the On Board Merry Medley as a mask and stamped over the top of them to create a negative image effect.  I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.  You will probably be seeing this technique throughout the year in my other projects.
Photobucket
Calendar Alphabet & Numbers, Extreme Elements, Netting Sets; Whisper White Card Stock; Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango Textured Card Stock; Whisper White Glossy Card Stock; On Board Merry Medley (for masks of the “6” and clouds); Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Lucky Limeade, Pool Party, Pacific Point, Soft Suede, Basic Gray Classic Stampin’ Pads; Petit Pennants Builder Punch; Mini Brads; Big Shot, Timeless Type Alphabet Junior Sizzlits; Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Sponge Daubers, Snips, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, SNAIL 

Extras: Packing paper from SU! box, screen scraps, embroidery floss (yeah, I'm big into up-cycling)

Stay tuned for more scrapbook pages!! Moving right along...  Click the link below to head over to Jeanna Bohanon's blog.
Photobucket
Order everything from my site {HERE}
 
Photobucket Photobucket
naptimestamper@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I love it! And I am glad I am not the only one who hands over ALL the scrapbooked moments of their children to SU! :) Great page...the stitching adds such a great texture to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have handed over my fair share of creations to SU, too!! This is sooo cute!! Love that stitching, girl!! Wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete