4.08.2014

hello, sailor | aww

hello sailor photo 201404Artisan2aacopy_zps7c166bd5.jpg 
April Hop photo BlogHopButton04-AprilARTISANHOP_zpsde4e8976.jpg
Welcome to the 2014 *April* edition of the Wednesday Artisan Blog Hop.  Check back every Wednesday to see new projects that all 10 of the Stampin' Up! Artisans have created. 

Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow the 2013 Artisan Design Team Pinterest Board:


I am completely in love with the High Tide Designer Series Paper!!!
hello sailor close photo 201404Artisan2acopy_zpsdde018b0.jpg
I'm also super in love with belly bands on gift boxes.

This belly band has some small details that make a big difference.  For instance, the scallop top on the blue paper...  This is the negative image from the Large Scallop Edgelit.  It's PERFECT!  I also made sure the placement of the fish was perfect.  A bit much?  Nah.

Also, I stamped and cut out the little flag from the "hello, sailor" stamp because it needed a pop of color.

I really love how this box turned out.

 photo what-i-used_zps6f251699.png 
Stamps: Hello, Sailor
Paper:  Whisper White, High Tide DSP
Ink: Calypso Coral, Early Espresso
Accessories & Tools:  Big Shot, Large Scallop Edgelit, Silver Baker's Twine, Wooden Elements Embellishments, Paper Snips, Liquid Glue, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals
Other: Paper Mache Box


I also thought a simple little card was in order.
best mates card photo 201404Artisan2bcopy_zpsc306cb3a.jpg
There's nothing crazy or difficult about this card.  Maybe that's why I like it so much?  I just distressed the edges with a bone folder and squished and crumpled the edges where I felt it needed some love.

To get your rhinestone blue, simply color the entire rhinestone with a Sharpe.

  photo what-i-used_zps6f251699.png 
Stamps: Hello, Sailor
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White, High Tide DSP 
Ink: Soft Suede, Summer Starfruit 
Accessories & Tools:  Big Shot, Deco Labels Framelits, Bone Folder, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive
Other: Blue Sharpe

Order everything from my site {HERE}

Go back and visit my fantastic friend Erica's blog or move on to the next blog and visit Jeanna's.  I'm so lucky to be sandwiched between two of my great friends.

April Next photo BlogHopButton04-AprilNEXT_zps40962ceb.jpg

 Do you follow me on Pinterest?  You can.
Follow Me on Pinterest 


Did you order your Paper Pumpkin yet?
Full project kits delivered straight to your door.
What are you waiting for??
 photo PaperPumpkin_zps597f6607.jpg 
Follow on Bloglovin

Signature-stampsite photo Artisan-janeleestampinupnet_zps55ff3be1.png

3 comments:

  1. Jane, your note cards are precious and I love the gift box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nailed it and I loveit. Great detail on the wood veneer!! I couldn't get the waves to work, You are awesomeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, I love that DSP too and especially what you did with this project...both the cards and the box! Great job!

    ReplyDelete